The shortlisted cities are invited to present their vision, action plans and communication strategy to the Jury.
The Jury will assess the shortlisted cities based on the following evaluation criteria:
1) The city’s overall commitment, vision and enthusiasm as conveyed through the presentation.
2) The city’s capacity to act as a role model to inspire other cities, promote best practices and spread the EGC model further – bearing in mind city size and location.
3) The city’s communication actions including:
• Citizen communication to date in relation to the 12 environmental Indicators, effectiveness via changes in citizen behaviour, lessons learned and proposed modifications for the future.
• The extent of the city’s local partnering to gain maximum social and economic leverage.
• Outline of the city’s EGC communication strategy should they win.
This year the Jury includes representatives from:
|The European Commission, DG Environment|
|The European Parliament, ENVI Committee|
|The Committee of the Regions|
|The European Environment Agency|
|ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability|
|The European Environmental Bureau|
|The Covenant of Mayors Office|
Following these hearings the Jury will deliberate and the European Green Capital 2015 will be announced at an award ceremony on 14 June 2013 in Nantes, European Green Capital 2013.
For more information on the application process please click here